Work Committee Mandate
Summary:A revised version of the work committee mandate, brought forward for discussion and consensus.
Proposal:1. We are a Standing Committee (we do the ongoing work of the group)
2. We are not empowered. We cannot make decisions without bringing a proposal to the full community.
3. Our Mandate
What did the community ask us to do?
- Design and operate a program to accomplish the community's work and to assist the community in defining and clarifying work expectations and needs.
What is our global task in service to the community?
- To maximize cooperation and happiness while getting the work done
What are we responsible for?
work allocation process
assist in the smooth functioning of the work system
work day coordination
What aren't we responsible for?
- doing the individual jobs
- job creation and justification (committees do this at present)
- pre-assigning workers to certain jobs (committees do this)
- supervising individual jobs (coordinators, point people, and committees do this)
- we can facilitate problem solving but try to leave problem solving to the committee or individual level except in the last resort (very rare, unless the mistake was ours)
What is expected of committee members?
- participation in committee meetings and work allocation parties
- fulfilling key roles as assigned
- follow up on occasional Monkeys
What projects/proposals are we currently working on?
- prepare work surveys multiple times per year
- work allocation multiple times per year
- ensure productive and efficient Community Work Days
- defining expectations/consequences
- refining Work Agreement
- job creation justification
What are the timelines? see above
4. Define committee roles:
Who is on our committee? Jim Gr., Helen, Adi, AmyH
Who is the convener? AmyH
Who is the minute taker? AmyH
Do you need a money handler/bookkeeper?
- Not now, but maybe if we take on a greater role in community work days
Who is the point person for work tasks?
- Our whole group not a large undertaking at this point
- Two tech roles, one work coordinator/convener role
Is the diversity of the community represented on the committee?
- Unclear what this means.
Are there people who comprise the following traits on your committee:
Initiators, implementers, writing skills, communication/interpersonal skills, linear and gestalt thinkers, information/knowledge/researchers?
- Multiple characteristics are represented by individual members of the group
5. Define committee processes:
How will committee govern itself (facilitation)
- Currently the convener is also the facilitator, prepares agendas, keeps group on schedule.
How will committee make decisions? What is empowerment process?
- Proposals are brought to full community
How do we communicate with the community?
- Minutes go out by e-mail and are posted
- Feedback is requested during community meetings
- Requests are made directly to committees for input on jobs and workers
- GO-Work bulletin board lists jobs by committee and jobs by person, summary of coordinator roles, analysis of work hours in a given time period and by committee
- Individualized work assignment memos are generated
- Cover memo for work survey and reminders to take survey are distributed in cubbies, posted on bulletin board, and posted on CH doors
- E-mail reminders are sent or taped to individual doors
Where does committee get its money (line item, project budget, no budget, fundraising)?
- None at present
Process Comments:0 standasides.
As of: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 22:05:14 -0400